Subject: [Leica] Re: P&S vs ASPH
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:06:12 -0700 (PDT)

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:

> Can we really tell the difference between a point and shoot 4x6 and
> one with a 35mm Summilux ASPH?  I'm not sure i could.

My wife could (except I have the 'cron ASPH).  I was really
surprised...and half expecting to hear, "I don't see any difference
between your new expensive toy and your perfectly good N****."  I
really wasn't expecting to see any difference at that size and on a
machine print.  And I *really* wasn't expecting my wife to appreciate
any difference.

Of course, it wasn't so much of a difference that she thought we
should sell all our material possessions, buy the entire line of Leica
lenses, and spend the rest of our lives traveling with gypsies and
shooting pictures.  I'm still working on that angle, though.  Give me
some time.  And another few bottles of tequila...