Subject: Re: [Leica] .....meter....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:36:42 -0700

Guy Bennett wrote:

> >Dear All…
> >Whats a small and really reliable handheld meter U guys never leave home
> >without......
> >
> >.... and why ?
> >
> >Peace
> >TM

1. My front batter cover went shooting off my new TTL just like my last one did
off my non TTL in may 99. This time instead of shooting off into a swap it shot
off into traffic so i could get it.
That's one reason.
2. If your electrical system otherwise for any reason goes out.
3. No battery backup.
4. Your battery backup doesn't work; wrong kind, you drop it.
5. You've got your camera set up on a tripod;
	much easier to use a hand held meter after you've got your shot set up.
6. Ambient readings you can take if case your brain runs out of batteries.
7. Night shooting would often require a meter with better low light sensitivity.
	Hand held meters tend to give you 3 or 4 lower EV numbers than a built in
camera meter.
7b. And you can run up and get a reading off whatever you are shooting and run
back and then make the camera go off.
8. I forgot.
9. It's great for your image.
10 all or none of the above.