Subject: [Leica] Leica filter questions
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:03:41 -0700

I am going to break down and purchase a polarizing filter.

1. Is Leica (or B+W) the ONLY supplier of E60 circular polarizing filters?

2. Am I correct in assuming that an E60 (or E55) filter is NOT the same
threading as a 60mm (or 55mm) filter from Hoya, Tiffen, Neopan, or other 3rd
party manufacturers?

3. Are there adaptors so that if I have to purchase a Leica filter (for big
bucks), I can also use it on a smaller filter size lens ( that is, use an
E60 polarizer plus 60 to 55 adaptor on a lens that requires E55 filters).

Thank you

RP Johnson