Subject: Re: [Leica] A threat to LUG
From: ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:03:27 -0700

Richard Comen wrote:

> I cannot verify what I received below but if it is true it could mean the
> end of LUG and e-mail as we know it. I think we should all look into it.
> Richard
>
> NO ON Bill 602P!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Richard,
Don't forget this is an international group, so in reality if it were
true, it would only be the LUGITES in the US being screwed by this ridiculousness.

First of all, how are the postal guys going to monitor every single
computer in the US to track every call?  I believe this was a posting a
few times the past several years and I believe pushed aside as another
internet hoax.

The bottom line is, the folks who run the postal service in your country
and in Canada should've had the smarts when e-mail and internet was
building and become "connection providers" therefore retaining much of
the revenue they  loose!

And quite frankly I'm surprised they still haven't go into it.   But
this 5 cents a connection is pie in the sky.
ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant