Subject: RE: [Leica] A threat to LUG
From: "Paul Fjelstad" <fjelstad@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:58:51 -0700

> I cannot verify what I received below but if it is true it could mean the
> end of LUG and e-mail as we know it. I think we should all look into it.

The U.S. Postal Service site is a good place to start (and end):

http://www.usps.com/news/press/99/99045new.htm

(BTW, this hoax began in Canada a couple of years ago; when it migrated to
the United States, the modifier neglected to change "Federal Bill 602P" into
a correctly styled U.S. bill number.)