Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50's
From: Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:57:37 +0200

MTomalty@aol.com wrote:

> Dear fellow LUGgage
>
> I also have the opportunity to buy a used PC 28 Super Angulon-R for about
> 40% off of new.Mint,etc.
> Anyone have any glowing endorsements or horror stories pertaining to
> this lens.

The Super Angulon-R is a Schneider Kreuznach lens in Leica mount. Its
performance is generally regarded as very good, equalling the 2.8/28
Elmarit-R. Only slight annoyance is that it will show significant
vignetting if shifted fully horizontally. If you feel the need for this
lens, this sounds like a good deal, and if the price and weight doesn't
put you off, you will get a lens which is up to the levels of
performance of the more standard non-shiftable Elmarit.

Regards, Axel