Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: it's a shame
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 10:56:59 +1000

Jim Brick wrote:

> Hi Guido,
>
> I agree with you.
>
> Leica will continue to make film cameras for a long long time.
>
> But APS? Yuck! Must be a re-badged P&S. but still... why bother.

Hi to Jim and Guido,

My feeling is that if Leica can make some money from an APS point and
shoot, to help the bottom line (which means more money for development
of what we really want from them), then good luck to them and I hope
they sell a mountain of them.  Nikon, Canon and everyone else has had
their turn at this little trough.  I just wonder why Leica didn't get on
board quicker, to take advantage of the initial APS hype?

Regards

Rick (no APS here, thankyou) Dykstra