Subject: [Leica] was tripod - now surveillance
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 06:13:16 +1000

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> So I put the camera RIGHT on the tripod platform which had NO HEAD on it. I had
> just read last week on the large format list the people used to do this with
> wooden tripods; use no head.

> don't need no stinkin tripod head

Hi Mark,

I've tried this with telephoto lenses. Screw 'em straight on to the
tripod, no wobbly head in the way.  It works just fine if your in the
middle of the desert and there's only one stick around for the birds to
land on.  Line her up, remote release in one hand, a beer in the other.
Bit like surveillance work. ...

Now that would be an interesting thread.  Anyone done any fun
surveillance photography, you know, cops and robbers, husbands and
mistresses?   Do tell!

Rick

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] was tripod - now surveillance)
Message from Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com> (Re: [Leica] tripod)