Subject: Re: [Leica] budget m lens
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:09:54 -0400

Jim,

Personally, I'd go with the extra stop and image quality of the Summicron.
As you do examine the various offerings, I would suggest that you bring
along a small flashlight and examine the innards.  The Summarons, imho, do
not age well and are notorious for internal haze.  Summicrons are not
immune, either, and you may see a low purchase price offset by the cost of
cleaning.

Just my US$.02

Roy

At 09:22 AM 08/31/2000 -0700, Jim Kish wrote:
>I am looking for a 35mm or 50mm M lens for an M4-P. I am having a hard
time selecting one from the dizzying array that's available. I have found
35 Summarons, and 50 Summicrons and Elmars in my price range, can anyone
recommend one over another for general family photos/street photos?