Subject: RE: [Leica] The Future Is Now
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:58:40 -0400

At 04:41 PM 8/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Glad you weighed in, Tina - I've been waiting for your Email address...
>
>Having stumbled along for a while with an HP PhotoSmart scanner and Epson
>750, I've about convinced the PR firm I work for as a writer - for whom I'm
>also doing photo work now - that they should spring for some serious
>scanning and printing equipment for me. I think what I'm getting is the
>SprintScan 4000 and then was thinking of the Epson 1160 with the
>Pieziography set up and continuous ink feed. Is this the way to go? I am
>doing almost all black and white work, so I assume that the Pieziography is
>the way...But is the 1160 satisfactory with that software and ink?
>
>Thanks for any insights..
>
>B. D.

Hi, B.D. -

I'm using the Epson 3000.  It can print really large prints and is pretty
cheap refurbished.  I have had no problems with it, but some on the
Piezography e-mail list have gotten 3000's with bad print heads and have
had to have them replaced.  Some have had the same problems with the 1160,
but not nearly as many.  The 1160 has smaller ink cartridges so you would
want to go with the Continuous Ink System.  The 3000 has really large ink
tanks.  The Piezography e-mail list is very active with lots of advice on
papers so you might want to check it out:
piezography3000@egroups.com

I'm using the Nikon LS-2000 but I've heard good things about the
SprintScan, too.  The LS-2000 is great.

I'm printing 5 13x19's right now for an exhibit in Sweden.  It's lots of
fun and the results are amazing.  If you don't like the bokeh of your Leica
lenses, you can create your own in PhotoShop!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com