Subject: Re: [Leica] "B Grade" Leica gear? -- Not Really
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:57:00 +1000

Dan Honemann wrote:

> > > But then, we've got the sun, the beaches, the girls on those beaches,
> > > honest politicians ...,
> >
> > Journalists with ethics.......
>
> Dingos with babies.....

Oooooo Dan, perhaps you know not how sensitive a subject you've touched
on.  I've never known anything to divide this little nation's popular
opinion like that event.

As it turns out, I was there, at Uluru (Ayer's Rock), 6 months before
the dingo and the baby business.  On a school excursion.  I took a lot
of photos, but not with a Leica, alas. One of the girls in our group had
to be taken to hospital after she woke up to find a dingo in her tent,
snuffling around for food or something.  The dog bit her quite badly
before escaping back into the scrub.

So, when the news of little Azaria broke, I never doubted that the dog
had taken the child. Not for a second.

and now we return to our regular programming ......   's anyone wanna
trade an R6.2 for an R8?

Rock Dykstra