Subject: Re: [Leica] Glasses and viewfinder (was: Question: wich M6TTL to choose?)
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:58:39 -0700

Rick,

Tried it over the weekend. I do see this faint line near the edge. I
don't know why but I think it must be something to do with the optics
since my understanding is that the light rays from the RF prism are
shifted, not deflected at an angle (this is what the pre M RF does with
its pivoting mirror) I think what we are seeing is caused by the RF
patch trying to cover a bit too much, maybe this was introduced in the
redesign of the M6 finder.

In any event I can't even see well enough to frame when this faint line
appears. I am far more irritated by the flaring. Yes, it is better if
your eye is perfectly centered, unless you are using an M2.

Bests,
Dennis

Message from "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com> ([Leica] Glasses and viewfinder (was: Question: wich M6TTL to choose?))
Message from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Glasses and viewfinder (was: Question: wich M6TTL to choose?))