Subject: Re: [Leica] "B Grade" Leica gear????
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:06:52 -0400

Simon Lamb wrote:

> Matt
>
> I asked the same questions when I went the Leica HQ in the UK.  They
stated
> that in the UK a 'demo' means any equipment that has been used by a
sales
> rep either on the road to show to potential dealers, or on a stand at
> show.

When I was a dealer in the UK, I occasionally borrowed demo cameras from
the reps in order to produce sample pictures. So it is possible that
"demo" cameras have been quite extensively used. But that's not
necessarily harmful, and it certainly doesn't imply misuse. What you are
basically buying is a fully-checked-out used camera with a new
equipment's warrantee. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Simon Stevens