Subject: [Leica] "B Grade" Leica gear? -- Not Really
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:18:55 EDT

 Since no manufacturer can produce perfect merchandise consistently, it
stands to
 reason that something happens to these slightly flawed automobles, computers
&
 cameras; they surely aren't just thrown away.  In the case of most computers
that
 don't meet the final QC check (even for the slightest scratch) they are sent
back to
 be repaired but then according to many state laws, cannot be sold as a new
item.
 Some are sold directly from the factory at reduced prices as refurbished,
others are
 sold by dealers as demos.  These auto, computers or cameras are sold with the
 regular warranty and for all practical purposes are as perfect as any, after
the minor
 flaw is fixed.  I have also heard that this applies to Leica as well & there
are many
 Leica dealers on the LUG that would know for certain.   -----------  Mary
Grace
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Replies: Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] "B Grade" Leica gear? -- Not Really)