Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for Delhi
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:54:37 -0700

Phong, I suggest you go to Old Delhi, by taxi or auto rickshaw, and visit
the Great Mosque. Non Muslims must remove shoes and are denied access during
regular daily prayers, but, most of the day you can wander around this
wonder of the world at will. There seems to be no problem with photography
and my favorite shots included children playing with the pigeons and the
beautiful rich red of the sandstone. The Red Fort, nearby is also a great
place to visit. In daytime. I liked to wander the crowded maze of Old Delhi
streets filled with shops and venders. New Delhi, in my opinion, is mainly
the run down remains of the Raj planners, not as appealing as the old city.

Namaste,
Bill Lawlor