Subject: Re: [Leica] Suggestions for Delhi, India ?
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:55:58 EDT

I shoot a lot in India and can suggest you go to Chandni Chowk, the sprawling
market in Old Delhi, for some great street photography. In fact, you can go
by taxi to the Red Fort, then walk through Chandni Chowk to the Jami Masjid
(Great Mosque). Along the way you'll find pleanty of photo ops, I guarantee
it. Feel free to wander at will through any of the surrounding streets.
Indians are the least sensitive folks to photography that I've ever
encountered. Walking around just about anywhere in India is usually safe.
At the mosque, which is opened to tourists, some folks might be a bit more
sensitive, so be polite. Also climb the tower for incredible views of the
city; but be careful as the top of the tower is open.  If you like
architecture, I can also recommend the Qutb Minar complex to the south of the
city, with its 200 ft. tower.  Have a great time!   Arthur