Subject: [Leica] Re: A rant on Pop Photo tests
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:03:07 +1000

On 22 Aug 2000, at 23:25, Dante A Stella wrote:

> You must have missed Erwin Puts' commentary on this.  He thinks that retrofocus
> lenses have far greater aberration-correction potential than symmetrical lenses
> do.

And Zeiss managed to produce one of the worlds lowest linear distortion ultra-
wide angle lenses, the Hologon, using a virtually symmetrical design. Coma
is near non-existent in this design as well. No retrofocus ultra-wide that I
have used or owned comes close to its performance, discounting speed and
natural vignetting (which is readily corrected) of course.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110