Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Millennium vs LHSA Black Paint
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:29:52 EDT

<<

I bought $9,000 worth of Theratechnologies in May, it is now worth over

$14,000 (and the ride may not yet be over).  I don't think any special

edition Leica will top that.

Dan C.>>

Dan,

You are wrong there. A $5k profit is not a big deal for many Leica cameras.
(Several owners of the Jaguar XK M6's made $10k on them literally
overnight...)

..and 5K is really chump change for the stock market anyway. (no offense as
it is not "chump change" to me, but I have heard so many "market mogul"
stories lately that $5k doesn't sound like much.)

Now if you bought AOL or Cisco at $1.50 some years ago...different story!<g>
No Leica is going to top that! <ha>

To be serious for a moment...I have always found it prudent to invest money
in a combination of stocks, bonds/t-bills, business ventures and tangible
goods (i.e. real estate, collectibles, maybe gold???) I don't think anyone
really wants to have ALL their money in any one investment vehicle no matter
what the current return.

Rich