Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summicron with "eyes" on M2(4,6)?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:07:41 -0400

> Peter,
> The goggled 35 mm lens will be using the 50 mm frames. But the goggles
> transform the viewfinder image to correspond to 35 mm.
> So, I think this is quite a good alternative for you. If you are able to
> see the 50 mm frames, you will be quite OK with this lens.
> The Summicron 35/2 is getting a bit scarce, but the Summaron 35/2,8 is more
> easily found (at half the Summicron price).
> I have a goggled Summicron that I use on the M3, but I also use it on
> M2-M6-M6HM instead of bringing two 35 mm lenses. Compared to the ungoggled
> 35 the view becomes a bit smaller of course, but not too much to become
> inconvenient IMO. This is the only negative thing with mixing an M3 with
> other M:s, it feels stupid to pack two 35 mm lenses (although I do it
> sometimes when I feel like needing asph performance at F/2-2,8...).
>
> Good luck,
> Hans
>
>> Is anybody on the list using the 35 Summicron with "goggles" that's meant
>> for the M3, but using it on an M2, M4, or M6 so it reduces the image to fit
>> in the 50mm frame?

Hans, Peter,

It is possible that you do not need those goggles for a 35mm lens on a M3. I
have both M2 and M3 and use a 35mm lens regularly on the M3 by ignoring the
50mm brightline in the viewfinder and composing with the outer perimeter, it
is the same as a 35mm frame.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] BLUG DINNER)