Subject: [Leica] Waist level finder
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:04:20 -0700

I just completed the adaptation of a prewar waist level viewfinder from a
folding camera to an accessory fitting on the accessory shoe of my Leica
IIIa.

I bought the finder at a used camera junk store and do not know what format
and lens focal length it was for.   However, I sighted it in with the Leica
on a tripod and found it very like the coverage of a 50mm lens.

The next step is to try it out for practicality.

Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com