Subject: Vs: R lens tests (was: Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:10:24 +0200

Maybe it would and I would like to but I do not have a scanner.
But these two PopPhoto tests I refer are not so ancient, Canon 1.4/35 is in December 1999 and Leica 1.4/35 M ASPH is in January 2000 - of the Leica lens they say "In terms of performance, this lens is unsurpassed and seldom equalled among 14./35 mm optics." If you look at the charts, the Canon is slightly better at full aperture but the Leica is slightly better at all other apertures. BTW the Pentax 2.0/35 tested in the same issue as Canon gets better ratings than both but it is not 1.4, of course.
I do not have tests of current Nikon primes at hand but the only tests I have seen that Nikon is very good is among the 28-105 zooms - and these are not very good in general.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen