Subject: Re: [Leica] Tipper & Al Gore and M-cameras
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:22:46 -0400

> In a message dated 8/19/00 7:35:21 AM, austin@darkroom.com writes:
>
> << I guess I'm paying for this 'personal service', right? >>
>
> There's a long history of photographers in the White House -- usually for the
> president but it's a fairly sizeable staff. Many of us remember David Hume
> Kennerly's job as personal photographer to Gerald Ford -- he got
> unprecedented access to personal moments with the Fords when their guard was
> down. He was sort of a hero of photojournalists for awhile. He wrote a book
> about his career following that assignment  -- "Shooter" I believe it was
> called. I'm sure with Gore running for president it's not a big stretch to
> assign one of the White House pool to him full time . . .
>
> Bob (enjoys presidential photography) McEowen

For what its worth there are a lot of photographers taking pictures of our
leaders who are not on the taxpayers dime. Here is one of Tipper,
http://www.icommag.com/august-2000-page-24.html  receiving a Exellence in
Photography award I took a couple months ago. The color shots were Nikon
w/24-50 at F8 and the 'Monster Metz', the rest were Leica M's wide open
w/available light.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Tipper & Al Gore and M-cameras)