Subject: Re: [Leica] RapidGrip/RapidWinder combo! :-)
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:20:11 +0800

I too have one of the 'prototype' Rapidgrips (thanks so much Tom!) and have
just got to use it for the first time yesterday. I fitted it to an M6TTL
with Rapidwinder and Noctilux and it was a great boon: in the sweaty,
slippery environment I was shooting (a non air-conditioned swimming pool 35
Celsius and 99.9% humidity) I was glad of the extra security. The grip is
more substantial than the Leica or M Grip and particularly with a heavy lens
like the Noctilux very comfortable.

The slot for extra batteries will be very handy for the TTL: mine gets
through a set of batteries in 2-6 weeks.

There is also a retaining hole at the top of the grip for a Softie which
many will appreciate (I like the Softie on my R6 but not so much on the Ms
most of the time).

Rs

Adrian

- --