Subject: [Leica] New 12mm Voigtlander lens
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:24:29 +0100

Last week's News section of the UK magazine, Amateur Photographer, had
details and a photo of the new 12mm Voigtlander F5.6 ultrawide lens in LTM.
It will probably be launched with a dedicated finder. Cost is expected to be
in the region of 650 GBP and it should be available in the Autumn.

Personally, I think this lens will sell well as its price is extremely
competitive and it offers increased versatility. Not least of which, the
crinkly black finish of the lens hood makes it look pro-spec.

I was wondering how many LUGgers, who already own the 15mm, will consider
adding the 12mm to their armoury as well? Or is it a case of trading in the
15 for the 12?

I'd be interested in your views as this lens is quite extreme and maybe just
owning the 15mm is sufficient?
Cheers,
Paul.