Subject: [Leica] vacation - lighten up
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:42:08 EDT

Ted is absolutely correct here.

Photographers are strange people. The sit and watch the same scene for hours,
apparently to no purpose although what they really want is that cloud right
up there, the one on the left, to be just a tad bit more in the center, and
the sun to be down just a bit more, and they're perfectly willing to wait an
hour or so for this to happen.

This drives other people nuts. Hell, when I'm with a photographer and he's
doing it with an image that does not interest me, it drives me nuts. Wives
and children claim they are willing to be patient but, trust me, it ruins the
trip for them. And well it should.

Two years in a row now I have gone to Grand Teton National Park by myself.
Just me and a couple cameras.  (R3, Graflex XL) I've stood in fields or on
mountain tops waiting for clouds to do what they may or may not do. Just
theknowledge that my wife is NOT back in the car being very patient makes it
so much more enjoyable.

The pictures come out better, too.

charlie trentelman
ogden