Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography seminars
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:31:49 -0400

At 09:34 PM 8/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I know, some of you took a seminar in Santa Fe, NM which as a location would
>certainly have an appeal.
>
>How is film processed during the seminars so the product can be analyzed?
>
>What are your recommendations?
>
>Roland Smith
>roland@dnai.com

Hi, Roland -

I've been to workshops in Santa Fe and Maine and can recommend the Santa Fe
workshops with enthusiasm.  They didn't try to pack people into the
workshops and were able to handle all of the film overnight with no
problems.  You just drop your film in a box and they return it to your
workshop the next day.  If you are taking a film developing class, you do
it yourself in their darkrooms.  Maine was way overbooked when I was there
and often late with film.  Darkrooms were overcrowded or not
available.  Food was better at Maine but still very good at Santa
Fe.  Plenty of photographic opportunities in both places.  The ultimate
decision should be based on who is giving the workshop.  The teacher is the
main reason most people sign up for a particular course.

Hope this helps -

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com