Subject: [Leica] Re: Wet Plates
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:44:44 EDT

Perhaps Leica should develop a wet-plate camera? Seriously, I've just
received a catalog from the  Sovietski Collection ("Treasures from a Bygone
Era"), that includes a working repro "wet plate" camera, complete with
tripod, Zagorski lens, hat-trick shutter and teak plate glass holders-- all
for $595!  Sounds like a bargain, especially compared to Leica prices. Makes
me wonder-- is anyone working with wet plate photography today? The Sovietski
Collection also includes Leica copies, as-is for $149, or overhauled for
$299. On the web: www.sovietski.com. Arthur