Subject: Re: [Leica] Film x-ray protection bags
From: Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:58:27 -0400

Ted this is excellent info. When I last did a trip to Germany, I put all my
exposed and unexposed film in round Tupperware containers (kept these in the
top of my camera bag) at the check station I would open the Tenba, ask for a
hand inspection of the film and let them run the bag through the machine. Not
once did I run into any problems with this. I had more grief from my travel
agent brother who kept telling me that thing won't hurt your precious film. In
8 days the film never went through an x-ray scanner.
What I did have trouble with was a stew. (no disrespect meant) with a commuter
in Colorado. On the hope up to Durango they let me keep the bag on the floor
between my feet. Not a word. On the way back they had a fit and I had my bag
taken from me and put in the baggage compartment. I know she was doing her job,
but that is the last flight I do with those folks. Any thoughts on this (I did
buy a smaller bag, but it's one body and 2 lens and that's it.
Cheers Wilber GFE OAO2

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Film x-ray protection bags)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Film x-ray protection bags)