Subject: RE: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:46:27 -0500

At 11:26 AM -0400 8/11/00, B. D. Colen wrote:
>I'm not saying you shouldn't sell it on Ebay to someone moronic enough to
>buy...I throw away everything but the plastic box and instructions when I
>buy an M, or the black case if I buy a lens, but that's me.

That's certainly your prerogative. I find that I buy and sell Leica
gear quite often and part of my incurred 'fee'  into this £ world is
the difference between what I pay and what I am able to resell it
for. Keeping boxes and papers and selling on ebay has actually made
this 'fee' zero or less than zero on several occasions. Pretty nice
to be able to play with all this nice equipment and sell it with no
penalty. In the old days before ebay, it was at least a 30% hit on a
trade in, or having to discount it by selling in the paper, etc.

Just my 2 shillings.

- -r

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)