Subject: Re: [Leica] no new M6/7, but an APS and "new" Tri-Elmar
From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:22:40 +0200

On 11-08-2000 10:31 Christer Almqvist wrote:

>(French) Réponses Photo, out this morning (Friday) has a  picture of the
>new APS Leica C11 which has an ASPH Zoom 23-70mm 4,8-9.5). Looks cool.

Maybe, but I thought Leica was hooked on the 35mm film format. It's quite
difficult, if not impossible, to obtain the same qualitative results with
APS as with 35mm film.

Anyway, APS is too little too late. The format is already trying to break
through in the marketplace for several years now, but with very moderate
success.
Its problem is bad timing, it now falls between digital and 35mm, and one
doesn't have to be a fortune teller to see that digital will take over
the low end quite quickly now.

Pascal
no archive

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace