Subject: Vs: Vs: Vs: Vs: [Leica] 50mm lens: now "-M"
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:46:08 +0200

Yes, some do not even have the M. But I have never heard that any manufacturer would ever produce anything but "the latest optical design available" - not even Leica if you ask them. IMHO this hype about the M is nonsense - and the idea that the M was introduced with the current Summicron is false - but if it increases the value of my old Summicron-M who am I to complain.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen