Subject: [Leica] 15mm Heliar vignette limits
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:24:38 GMT

Between rolls this morning I decided to figure out exactly when a misaligned
15mm Heliar begins to vignette from hood interference. What I discovered was
that as the lens is turned vignetting first appears in the corners when the
f/8 depth of field mark is at the 12 o'clock position, and continues past
that point. Even when the lens is 90 degrees misaligned the deeper petals of
the hood still vignette the edges of the frame at the sides. So the case
seems to be if your lens lines up with 12 o'clock on the camera mount
somewhere between the f/8 depth of field marks, you're OK--otherwise some
adjustment is required to prevent vignetting.

- --Michael