Subject: [Leica] R vs R
From: Alastair Firkin <AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:27:09 +1000

Any feedback on the R's.....R4, R4s, R5, R6, R7.....which is the one to get,
which to avoid (if any) all feedback welcome.

Much as I admire the R8 - I refuse to ever again carry THAT much camera (ex
F4s owner).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PZ,

Do yourself a favour, and at least hold and try the R8. I use a R7, which I
purchased second hand, and have not had a problem with it, but the R8 is
"up-to-date" with technology/flash sync etc, and should at least be under
consideration. Despite all the problems I had ---- and no-one here would
have had a longer "struggle", I remain very happy with the R8, as the best
Manual camera I've used, and because of the excellent service of Adeal here
in Australia, I have nothing to complain about from Leica service either. (I
would add, that the electronics were/may still be a little bit less robust
than some other cameras I've owned, but the most recent camera has - touch
wood- performed with out fault)

Cheers