Subject: [Leica] R8 update
From: "Rick Dykstra" <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:37:51 +1000

Howdy all

A simple update for the R8 that would make real sense to me would be to
position the F (flashmeter) mode next to the Manual mode on the mode dial.
This would make switching between these two closely related programs much
easier.  Or, the viewfinder display with F mode could include an ambient
light balance up until the test flash is fired.  After the flash, it would
show the deviation from correct exposure and the aperture adjustment
required, as is currently the case.

Reason is - I prefer to know how the ambient light is shaping up before I
make a flash test - and I usually switch between M and F modes over and
again.

I'd also like to see the mirror pre release modified to include three
positions; no pre-release, pre-release and lock up.

Any takers?

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: R8 update)