Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:20:33 -0400

Yes...I have both lenses, and wide open there is a difference...good
point...but at f4 or even 2.8 it would take a lot of back and forth
checking, hunched over a light table, to distinguish them.

But I have a DR Summicron, (and I have used it wide open), and I suspect
that though the latest 50/2 is better, based on Erwin's analysis, it
wouldn't be obvious to casual observation.

Dan C.