Subject: Re: [Leica] in the dark with the summilux
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 16:08:32 -0400

> I got a friend who uses Bronica instead of Hasselblad because he claims the
> Hasselblad lense have got "too much" contrast. There is no way of discussing
> with them that that isn't really possible. He just wont hear of it!!
> I go for all the contrast I can in my lens choices.
>
> I wish a technically orientated person would pipe in and tell us why there is
> not such thing as too too much contrast.
> Mark Rabiner

.......further, I wish somebody would actually pipe in with comparison
PICTURES of different lens performance--like 1st, 2nd, etc, etc versions of
Summicron, Summilux, etc, etc. I am sad to say with my non-technical mind
MEGO (Mine Eyes Glaze Over) whenever I try to READ anything about contrast,
resolution, etc. I seem to fall asleep (I hope Erwin doesn't expect people
like me to buy his book) reading that stuff.

Steve
Annapolis