Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Developing Film in the Field
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:51:24 -0500

belinkoff@earthlink.net (Shel Belinkoff)8/6/004:09 PM

> The question that now remains is how best to dry the film once
it's
> been processed and washed.  Any suggestions?  Would just
hanging it in
> my car work, or do you think there's too much chance for the
film  to
> attract dust and dirt?

You go to a men's suit store and get one of their disposeable zip
up garment bags. Put a hanger in it. Then straighten out another
hanger. Form it into a circle and tape it up near the top to keep
the bag in an open position. If you also tape up the hanger
opening you'd have a dust free film dryer.

By the way. On ebay last week I saw the cutest Durst enlarger.
Made for travel. Packed up in a suit case. You could probably
rewire it for 12 volt light source and plug it into your car
lighter. Also, just to keep it Leica oriented - on ebay - a Leica
Film Printer - 30's vintage - apparently it took a spool of 35mm
film or paper and allowed to contact print selective frames from
developed negatives - seems perfect for your adventure.

George