Subject: Re: [Leica] Pop March 1987...
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:17:50 -0400 (EDT)

As Schwalberg's editor up until 1986 (the year I "went on")
I didn't read the story in the March 87 issue. Bob did tell me that
he had relieved himself of the Leicas much before that time.
Maybe he didn't count his favorite M3? As far as his enormous
collection of Leicas of 1967... I know  what happened to them.   hem.
He had a good friend in England (Bob told me this), a collector of
Leicas. Bob agreed to sell him much of his collection at the
price Bob had paid for them plus the fix-up cost, with the
understanding that if this party was to sell items later on
Bob would be offered them at the same price. Done with a Handshake.
Nothing on paper. His friend dies. End of situation.
Ed