Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Titanium M6
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:48:21 EDT

I have a titanium M6 and after several years of use it shows a/some wear and
b/there is brass underneath that titanium coating. It is a nice enough
looking camera, but I prefer my M's to be black! The common fallacy is to
believe that the M6 Titanium is what it purports to be, in fact it is a brass
top-plate and baseplate which is titanium nitride coated. The ostrich-leather
does not appeal to me, looks like it had suffered some kind of "social
disease", the Leica Herpes Simplex! One of the drawbacks with this model is
that the shutterspeed dial is the same colour, kind of yellowish with white
lettering. virtually impossible to read in low light and totally impossible
to read in bright sunlight!
Tom A

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Titanium M6)