Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Street Photography
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:51:20 -0700

M.E. Berube writes:

|I hadn't heard of any licensing for photographers of ANY
sort in the US.
|I've shot a little bit in most every field of photography
(none of it as
|well as I'ld like, but underwater photography is about the
only thing I
|HAVEN'T done that's legal.) Was I supposed to get a license
for some of it?

The last time I looked at the Kern County, California,
ordinances, itinerant photographers were required to obtain
a license/permit from the sheriff's department.  Other
occupations included auto dismantalers, second hand stores,
and pawn shops.  The actual purpose of the ordinance was to
regulate door-to-door photographers who would take deposits
and deliver nothing.

Hmmm, I wonder it it would impact my new idea for a career
as a itinerant restaurant photographer???  Digital Leica, of
course ;-)