Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip report
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:04:24 EDT

<<  It's amazing to
be in a place so remote that there is no communication except short-wave
radio for emergencies - no roads, no telephones, no television, no
electricity, no cell-phones! >>

I bet there were times when it was actually quiet -- no telephones ringing,
no television in the background, no sound of automobiles, --sounds like a
trip well worth taking. Hope the photos were too.

...27 hours in the rain in a canoe was probably not the most comfortable way
to travel however, which brings up a travel question, have you had problems
with lens or shutter fungus traveling in that part of the world? I was in
Honduras for a month a number of years ago, and wound up with fungus inside
the 80-200 zoom I was using.

Welcome back.

Scott Stewart