Subject: [Leica] Canadian Leica Service
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:17:47 EDT

Let me add my voice to those recommending Alt Camera in Toronto.  Also,
Elm St. Photo, just off Yonge St. near the Delta Chelsea has a limited but
interesting selection of Leica stuff.  I always try to get to both locations
whenever I am visiting Toronto from Ottawa.

Linden Photo on Talbot St. in London, Ont. (a 2 hr. drive from Toronto) is
also a very good source of vintage Leica equipment.  I believe that the
store is also an authorised dealer.  Try to get there on Mondays or
Saturdays, which are the only days that Gerhardt, the semi-retired
proprietor, is there.  The other salespeople don't know nearly enough about
Leica equipment.  Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks of negotiations to
get Gerhardt to bring in some particularly rare item to his store.

As far as repair goes, Reinhold Mueller in Toronto does excellent work at
very competitive prices.

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca