Subject: [Leica] Street photography and two cultures
From: "Peter Stamos" <pjstamos@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:20:50 EDT

Sadly, most art is bad, and I often feel that way about street photography,
my distaste for A.D. Coleman's ad hominem criticism of Winogrand
notwithstanding.

Fugitive allusions to C.P. Snow's "two cultures" aside, apropos of this
thread, Quine wrote that "A vast gulf, insufficiently remarked, separates
those who are primarily concerned to have been right from those who are
primarily concerned to be right. The latter, I think, will inherit the
earth."