Subject: Re: [Leica] Test it first, was: FS: Konica Hexar RF set (new)
From: Marcus Hanke <marcus.hanke@sbg.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:29:37 +0200

At 17:24 31.07.00 +0200, you wrote:
>Marcus Hanke wrote:
>
>> As you know, the Konica (RF) is compatible with the Leitz M-mount and
accepts all
>> Leitz M-lenses
>
>Marcus,
>
>Personnal experience learned me that this has to be checked
>before any payment with each Konica RF you intend to use
>with Leica lenses, and with each Leica lens you intent to
>put on a Konica RF.
>
>No, they don't always work together.
>
>BTW, Konica don't even mention that the RF accept Leica lenses.
><http://www.konica.com/>

I have checked it with a 1.4/35 (non-aspherical) I borrowed from my dealer,
and it worked flawlessly. Well, that Konica does not explicitly mention the
compatibility with Leitz lenses has legal reasons, the same is valid for
Voigtlaender and the Leica screwmount lenses. Even Contax does not mention
that it's mount can take Yashica lenses, and in that case it is the same
company.

Marcus
Dr. Marcus Hanke
University Assistant
Institute for Legal History and Canon Law
Faculty of Law
Salzburg University
Churfuerststr. 1
A-5010 Salzburg