Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta International??
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 07:59:45 +0200

John,

Based on my 15 years of experience of dealing with the various NYC retailers
(personal experience with 47st. Photo, B&H, Adorama, Smile Photo, Focus Camera,
Cambridge Camera Exchange and a few others whose names escape me now) I have to
repeat the old adage that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably
is. I have never heard of this particular outfit, but if someone is claiming to
have a new Apo Summicron 90 at this price, it is probably either the old
version, a second-hand lens with fake papers, or God knows what. There are a few
fine and honest retailers in NYC (like B&H) but there are even more unscrupulous
crooks. I would definitely not buy from these guys unless I had an opportunity
to go in person and have the merchandise in my hand before handing over any
credit card numbers.

Nathan

John Collier wrote:

> An offlister asked me to ask you learned chaps about the above company. Here
> is his question:
> ----------------------------
>
> I have found through some ebay auctions a certain company "Delta
> International",
> located in 199 Lee Avenue, Brooklyn. This company apparently is a direct
> importer of Nikon and Leica equipment (among other brands). And it seems to
> have
> really cheap prices (e.g. an APO Summicron ASPH 90mm at $1,358). They
> provide a
> guaranty of Mack store (I think it's located in NJ, never heard of it).
>
> Have you ever heard of this company, do you know if they are trustable. I
> have
> to confess that on the phone (718-782-9840) they seem nice and they answered
> various quotes by email very fast.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if you could share your opinions with me.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch