Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:20:12 -0400

> "So I guess I have the wrong appearance to be a street photographer..."  -
> Brian
>

> You're right.  It's your age.  Precisely the same thing has happened to me
> (I've also gotten less intrusive and impolitely assertive as I've aged) .
> Look at the interaction from the point of view of the subject.  If a young
> person...a casually-dressed, long-haired "artsy"-looking type especially,
> pointed a camera in your face, you'd probably be tolerant and certainly not
> suspicious. It's just a kid with a camera.   But, what if a guy your age..or
> mine (53) did the same thing?  Woudn't you be a bit wary?  It's one of the
> prices we pay for being grownups...and looking it.
>
> Okay street people... I know HCB's 153 years old, but he says himself that
> he's invisible.
>
> Craig
> Boston

Craig,

I do not really believe what you and Brian say about it being your "age". I
am 58 and my street photography is better than it has ever been. Maybe some
people grow old and others don't. It is all really a state of mind and just
doing what is important to you, up to four years ago I was still racing
150mph+ formula race cars and the only reason I quit was it had become
boring. Photography on any level has always been intellectualy, for me, very
stimulating. I have always believed that by being what some people would
consider to be irresponsible has kept me young and vital.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Street photography)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Street photography)