Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing a 280 F2.8???
From: "Rick Dykstra" <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:13:45 +1000

Hi Roy and all.

Roy's fourth point is - rest your eyes occasionally by looking at something
distant.  Good advice - gotta get ya head out of that finder every now and
then.

I may have interpreted Roy's point all wrong, but the way I see it (oops!)
an SLR viewfinder system is a self contained infinity scene, or it can be if
you set up the diopter adjustment to be that way.  That is, if you want to
have relaxed eyes when looking through the viewfinder, then set the diopter
so that the focussing screen image is at infinity for your eyes, or slightly
beyond infinity for really relaxed eyes (just go to + 1 click of adjustment
from where you eyes are relaxed).

Diopter equipped SLR viewfinders and binoculars can be used to exercise
one's eyes in this way, to counter staring at a computer screen all day.
See, your Leicas are good for you.

Regards

Rick Dykstra