Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Focusing a 280 F2.8??? NOW Miro talent!
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:16:39 -0500

>It does unfortunately drive the Queen and Prime Minister's security guys
>around the bend when you point it in their direction, certainly with a
>280 mm attached. :-) Oh and by the way, during a visit of the President
>of the USA to Canada a few years back,  I was grabbed very quickly by
>his Secret service guys and wrestled to the ground.  Fortunately I was
>saved from major damage by the Mounties who came to my rescue. :-)
>jeeeeesh your guys are touchy! ;-)

Yeah, Ted, Been there done that.  I was covering the VP debates in
Atlanta back in '92.  I was shooting with a 300 2.8 and  pistol grip.
On the way to the venue Leighton Mark, also of UPI back then, warned
me to take the pistol grip off or I was likely to meet some secrete
service guys a little closer that I really wanted to.  I followed his
advice and took it off.

Oh and I shot the entire debate hand held and got photos that were
used all over the USA.  Guess I had someone who really knew
photoshop...OOPS We did not use photoshop back then,  DAMN must have
gotten them sharp on my own.  And those ancient Leaf transmitters we
used had NO sharpen capabilities.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net