Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm vs. 19mm R lens
From: "Bill Christensen" <billc@xsite.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:11:26 -0500

Martin,

I use both the 19 and the 24.  According to many who post here, the 24 is
one of Leica's poorer lenses, although to me its image quality is
acceptable.

The 19 (newest version) is stunning both in terms of perspective and image
quality.  The choice between the 2 optics depends upon the subject matter.
The 19 will create dramatic foreground that recedes.  The 24 has less visual
impact.

The bottom line is they are 2 very different optics and both have their
place.  From my experience, I can guarantee that if you first purchase the
24, you will lust after the 19 until it joins your arsenal.

Good luck!

Bill Christensen