Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: WAS: The quint of Leica photog? - GET A LIFE!
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:46:19 -0400

> Because one person (Austin)

This is just not true.  Others have said this also, both publicly in this
group and sent me private email agreeing with me and thanking me for saying
what I said.

> There doesn't seem to be
> anything that I can say, no matter how benign, that Austin doesn't read
as
> a poison pen statement.

Absolutely not true.  You seem to only remember the criticism.  Your post
just prior to this one was marvelous, very very well said, and I agree with
it completely (which really doesn't matter).  In fact, I can only think of
three posts where I have even said something 'about this', of the probably,
hundreds of yours I read.  In fact, most of the time I agree with you.

> But we can agree to disagree,
> civilly. It's really easy. Try it Austin, you'll like it.

You probably don't consider that a snide comment...  What, exactly, are you
trying to accomplish here?  I was, and have been, always civil towards you.
 I have NEVER said one insulting or disrespectful thing to you.  If I have,
please email it to me, I really would like to know if I have.  I welcome
constructive criticism.  That is how I better my self.  Telling you how I
took what you wrote is nothing more than telling you how I took what you
wrote.

> Talk on the LUG like the person is
> sitting in front of you. They may be someday.

Agreed, and if you said some of the things you say in your posts to me in
person, I'd say the exact same thing I have on the LUG.  Anytime someone is
insulting and disrespectful to me (and it doesn't happen that often), I
have two choices.  One, just walk away (not read any of your posts), or two
tell them I don't appreciate it, because I value what they have to say, and
I feel they are worth the effort.  For some unbeknownst reason, you don't
believe what you say IS insulting or disrespectful.  Well, that is where
the problem lies.  Either I have to just keep quiet about (what I perceive
as) your systemic disrespect, or you can 'tone it down'.  I know you can,
the last post just before this, as I said above, was marvelous.

This whole thing is really a shame.